Katherine Ace, Detail from Hansel and Gretel - 2015 Best of Show
West Coast Biennial Juried Art Exhibition
The Friends of the Arts at Turtle Bay, in cooperation with Turtle Bay Exploration Park, is presenting the fourth West Coast Biennial Juried Art Exhibition at Turtle Bay. Open to west coast artists currently living in California, Oregon, Washington and Alaska, the aim of the exhibition is to provide a forum for both established and emerging artists working on the west coast in a diversity of media including painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture and mixed media.
Judging & Awards
The juror for the competition is critic, independent curator, and Corresponding Editor for Art in America, Michael Duncan. He will select from submitted images 30 - 50 artworks to be exhibited in the Turtle Bay Art Gallery. The juror reserves the right to omit artwork upon receipt if it is inconsistent in quality with the projected image, is poorly framed, or has otherwise been misrepresented.
Best of Show $2500 First Prize
Friday, November 4, 2016
- December 16 - Artists notified of judging results by email
- January 15-17 - Hand-delivered artwork due
- January 20 - Shipped artwork must be received by this date
- TBD - Lecture by juror/guest lecturer
- January 27 - Artist reception during Cultural Cruise
- January 27 - Exhibition opens
- April 30 - Exhibition closes
- May 4-6 - Artists pick up hand-delivered artwork
- Maximum of three artworks may be submitted.
- Artwork must be original and completed within the last three years and not previously shown at Turtle Bay.
- Each entry is limited to one digital image for two-dimensional work or two digital images for three-dimensional work. BEFORE YOU UPLOAD IMAGES, READ THE TUTORIAL BELOW.
- Images must be saved as a .jpg, up to 1.5 MB file no greater than 8" x 10". MAC users must use .jpg extension on files.
- A non-refundable $35 registration fee covers up to three artworks.
- Applicants must include a signed and completed application form.
- All accepted artwork must be available for exhibition and remain at Turtle Bay during the entire exhibition period.
- All accepted artwork must be labeled legibly on the back or base with: Artist's Name, Title, Medium, and Date.
- Two-dimensional artwork must be framed with hanging wire or otherwise be ready to hang. Artwork with colored mats and/or under glass without a rigid frame will not be accepted.
- The maximum allowable height of artwork is 11'. All artwork must be able to pass through a 96"h x 64" w door opening.