Katherine Ace, Hansel and Gretel - 2015 Best of Show
West Coast Biennial Juried Art Exhibition
The Friends of the Arts at Turtle Bay, in cooperation with Turtle Bay Exploration Park, is presenting the fourth West Coast Biennial Juried Art Exhibition at Turtle Bay. Open to west coast artists currently living in California, Oregon, Washington and Alaska, the aim of the exhibition is to provide a forum for both established and emerging artists working on the west coast in a diversity of media including painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture and mixed media.
Judging & Awards
The juror for the competition is critic, independent curator, and Corresponding Editor for Art in America, Michael Duncan. He will select from submitted images 30 - 50 artworks to be exhibited in the Turtle Bay Art Gallery. The juror reserves the right to omit artwork upon receipt if it is inconsistent in quality with the projected image, is poorly framed, or has otherwise been misrepresented.
Best of Show $2500 First Prize
- December 16 - Artists notified of judging results by email
- January 15-17 - Hand-delivered artwork due
- January 20 - Shipped artwork must be received by this date
- TBD - Lecture by juror/guest lecturer
- January 27 - Artist reception during Cultural Cruise
- January 27 - Exhibition opens
- April 30 - Exhibition closes
- May 4-6 - Artists pick up hand-delivered artwork