Walk This Way at Turtle Bay 2012
Saturday, October 6, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Healthy Shasta is proud to present the 7th Annual Walk This Way at Turtle Bay celebration! Choose healthy and join us Saturday, October 6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Turtle Bay Exploration Park for this fantastic FREE family event. Once again this year’s festivities include healthy cooking demonstrations, health screenings, nutrition information, food samples, arts and crafts, as well as games and activities for kids of all ages.
Free admission to Turtle Bay Exploration Park
(provided by Mercy Medical Center Redding and Turtle Bay)
- Free Health Screenings With Shasta Healthy Smiles, Butte College Respiratory Care and Mercy Medical Center Redding
- Healthy Cooking demonstrations at the Sundial Bridge
a.) Chef Katie Bullock with Gorilla Bites at 10 a.m.
b.) Chefs Sadie Roy and Wayne Harris with Chartwells at Simpson University at 11:30 a.m.
- Early childhood development activities in First 5 Shasta’s 0-5 Zone.
a.) Mask Making
b.) Grasshopper Sports
c.) Obstacle Course
d.) Story time and more...
- Season finale of the Walk on the Wild Side Animal Show at 12 p.m.
- Enjoy special get fit routines:
a.) Hip Hop Demos from Shasta Family YMCA
b.) Yoga Demos from Adventure Recreation
c.) Jazzercise Demos with Redding Jazzercise Center
Additional activities include:
- Bike Safety Skills Rodeo at Turtle Bay School from 9 a.m. -12 p.m. and after rodeo, practice your riding skills by riding over to Walk this Way!
- Walk the extra Mile! Park at Turtle Bay's McConnell Gardens West Gate or walk the Dana to Downtown trail and receive a Healthy Shasta water bottle (while supplies last).
Walk This Way at Turtle Bay majors sponsors include Mercy Medical Center Redding, Shasta County Public Health, The McConnell Foundation, Turtle Bay Exploration Park and the City of Redding.
Visit www.healthyshasta.org for a full schedule of events, or call 242-3180 for more information. Healthy Shasta is a partnership committed to making healthy eating and physical activity choices easier where you live, work and play.