Chocolate: The Exhibition
From rainforest treasure to luscious treat – immerse yourself in the world of chocolate. A gift for the gods. A symbol of wealth and luxury. An economic livelihood. Bon bons. Hot fudge. Candy bars. Yum. For thousands of years humans have been fascinated with the delicious phenomenon that we call “chocolate.”
Chocolate will immerse you in a sweet experience, engage all your senses, and reveal facets of chocolate you’ve never thought about before. This bilingual exhibition (English & Spanish) explores chocolate throughout history and around the world. You’ll explore the plant, the products, and the culture of chocolate through the lenses of science, history, and popular culture.
And if all that sets your mouth to watering, we’ll send you off with a chocolate treat to satisfy your cravings.
Chocolate is a ticketed exhibition.
Tickets (includes a sample of chocolate)
- Members (4 and up) - $3
- Adults - $3 (plus Park admission*)
- Children/Seniors - $3 (plus Park admission*)
- 3 and Under - Free
(All demonstrations take place at 1 p.m. inside Chocolate: The Exhibition. Ticket required for admission)
- June 16 - Chocolat de Nanette - Learn to make chocolate truffles from beginning to the finished confection.
- June 30 - Pink Box Bakery - Enjoy a demonstration by Shelly Mitchell on how to create hand crafted chocolates for special events and gifts.
- July 14 - Chocolat de Nanette - Easy steps to making yummy chocolate and caramel Turtles.
- July 21 - Sandy’s Specialty Cakes & Catering - Watch Sandy Cappello demonstrate different chocolate techniques.
- July 28 - Pink Box Bakery - Enjoy a demonstration by Shelly Mitchell on how to create hand crafted chocolates for special events and gifts.
- August 25 - Pink Box Bakery - Enjoy a demonstration by Shelly Mitchell on how to create hand crafted chocolates for special events and gift.
Chocolate and its national tour have been developed by The Field Museum, Chicago. This project was supported, in part, by the National Science Foundation.
Presented locally by Häagen-Dazs and US Bank. Supported by Tullis, Inc., Sally Wells and Dutch Bros. Coffee - Chris, Erin & Beckett Resner. Additional support from Chocolat De Nannette, Mercy Medical Center Redding and Ron Reece, M.D.
Media Sponsors: Enjoy Magazine & CBS 12 / NBC 24 Redding - Chico