Thank You to All Our Supporters!
Use the buttons below to see updates on the hotel's current status.
Sheraton Redding at the Sundial Bridge
- 130 Rooms, including six suites.
- A large swimming pool with an outdoor jacuzzi.
- 4,000 square foot Ballroom/Meeting Space with doors opening to the pool/patio area for evening events. The ballroom can be divided into smaller rooms, and the entire ballroom can seat 270 people for a meal.
- 1,000 square foot workout room with a view of the pool and Paul Bunyan's Forest Camp (1st Floor).
- An enviable outdoor event location: A large garden/grass area on the west side of the hotel, ideal for weddings, craft fairs and art shows.
- An executive 1,200 square foot Starwood-preferred guest lounge (3rd Floor).
- Wi-fi access throughout the hotel, with full computer access in the lobby.
- A pet-friendly gathering place: The patio in front of the restaurant will be dog friendly.
- The hotel and restaurant will employ 39 full-time and 30 permanent part-time employees.
Planning for our Future
Museums, arboretums, and similar educational facilities throughout the world, are feeling the effects of the economic downturn. Previously, Turtle Bay could depend on government grants and direct funding for operations. However, with the economic challenges facing all levels of government, these revenue sources are no longer available.
The Turtle Bay Exploration Park Board of Trustees and Board of Regents began several years ago to explore solutions that would allow Turtle Bay to achieve financial independence and sustainability in ways that would remain true to the Park mission and eloquently dovetail with the current site and amenities already in place.
After a considerable number of studies and discussions, the collective felt that an appropriately designed hotel would fit the mission, be an asset to the community, and would provide the necessary income Turtle Bay needs to continue to be successful and serve the community.
The hotel is being built with private funding and will be a four-star Sheraton Hotel. The Sheraton brand is part of the Starwood family of exemplary hotels that also include Westin, Aloft, and Le Méridien. A hotel industry, experienced company will manage both the hotel and the restaurant. All profits will go to operations and enhancements of Turtle Bay Exploration Park.
The hotel will be attached to the Visitor Center building, and the rest of the hotel structure will flow south toward the Monolith. The Visitor Center building will be converted into a restaurant and hotel guests, as well as restaurant-goers, will be able to access this restaurant through the hotel lobby.
We’re excited that the Sheraton Redding at the Sundial Bridge will be a LEED certified hotel. Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is a rating system for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings, homes and neighborhoods.
In addition to many locally-sourced building materials, guests in the hotel will be looking through Sierra Pacific Industry windows. Turtle Bay is a proud supporter of local and environmentally -conscious businesses!