Your Day at Turtle Bay
Due to the closure of the Visitor Center, space has been reduced and we will no longer be able to begin your visit with an orientation.
Please review appropriate behavior with your students before coming on your field trip. Behavior expectations at Turtle Bay are similar to what you teach at school, i.e. walking in the building, using quiet voices, and respecting property, animals, and other people.
The confirmation packet emailed to you includes a Chaperone Guide. Please provide each adult with a copy of the Chaperone Guide prior to your visit so they will be familiar with Museum appropriate behavior and offer guidance to the students in their group.
All students and adults must arrive at Turtle Bay wearing a name tag with the school's name, not individual names. You will be charged a fee of .25 cents per name tag if we provide one for you, so please don't forget!
All school programs must be pre-registered at least two weeks in advance by calling 530-242-3108.
• Confirmation of your booking, driving directions, and a chaperone guide will be e-mailed to you.
• Preferred method of payment is by purchase order or check. If paying with cash, please bring exact amount (no coins, please).
• Book early for May and June as spaces fill up quickly.
• With less than 48 hours notice, there is a non-refundable $50 charge for cancellations.
REU’s Energy Experience at Turtle Bay…”It’s My Planet”
- FREE for schools in the Greater Redding area (details defined inside)
- $5 student fee is underwritten by Redding Electric Utility
Third Grade Museum Art Gallery Experience (MAGE)
- FREE for Shasta County 3rd grade students - $5 student fee is generously underwritten by Jack and Kristen Schreder.
- $5 per student for Non-Shasta County 3rd grade classes.
FIELD TRIP FEES
|Additional Chaperones||Guided Exploration||$8.00|
|Student||Animals! Animals! Animals!||$6.00|
|Additional Chaperones||Animals! Animals! Animals!||$8.00|
|Student||Other Exploration Classes||$5.00|
|Additional Chaperones||Other Exploration Classes||$8.00|
Field trip fees are not waived for members' children.
Please determine designated chaperones in advance of arrival and distribute chaperone guide to all adults attending.
Required chaperone ratio:
• 1 adult chaperone per 2 students for pre-school groups.
• 1 adult chaperone per 5 students for kindergarten and 1st grade.
• 1 adult chaperone per 8 students for 2nd grade and up.
• Teacher and required chaperones are admitted free.
• Teachers are not included in the chaperone ratio.
• Teachers Aides are considered chaperones.
School name tags are required for all students and adults.
Turtle Bay Exploration Park uses name tags to admit pre-registered groups. Matching school or hand-crafted t-shirts, visors, etc. are acceptable substitutions for name tags. This streamlines the check-in process. ALL students and adults must arrive at Turtle Bay wearing a name tag with the school's name only, not individual names. You'll be charged a fee of 25 cents per name tag if we provide one for you, so don't forget!
September 2, 2014 - April 30, 2015
Closed Monday & Tuesdays
Wednesday - Saturday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
May 1, 2015 - September 1, 2015
Monday - Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sundays 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.