Volunteer - Become a Turtle!
Volunteers are the superheros of Turtle Bay! Our 400+ volunteers on average serve a combined yearly total of 22,000 hours. We are grateful for these dedicated volunteers who help us provide many of the programs we offer to the community.
Volunteering at Turtle Bay is a great way to give back to our community by supporting a growing education-based cultural institution. Active community members serve in a variety of positions, depending on personal interest and the needs of Turtle Bay. We have a wide variety of exciting volunteer opportunities including indoor and outdoor positions, with the public and behind-the-scenes and we offer time commitments that are flexible to meet your needs; for instance weekly in the Museum or gardens or occasionally for special events, or both!
- Discounts in the Museum Store, Nursery and Cafe at Turtle Bay (must present volunteer badge)
- Free training and low-to-no-cost field trips and lifelong learning opportunities
- Yearly volunteer appreciation and holiday parties
- Membership benefits for those who work 100+ hours between May 1 and April 30
- Meet new friends and gain new skills while enjoying our beautiful campus
volunteer workshops & training
Do you love learning new things about the natural and cultural world in our region and beyond? Volunteer Opportunities Workshops offer exclusive time to meet staff, hear about volunteer opportunities and complete our volunteer application. New Turtle Bay volunteers attend and must graduate basic Turtle University training; Docent positions require additional training.
- Volunteer Opportunity Workshop - Please call 242-3152 for more information!
- Turtle University - Three 2-hour volunteer orientation courses
- Docent Training - Two 2-hour docent-focused courses and supplemental training through-out the year
Download a Volunteer Application today!
- Download Adult Volunteer Application (PDF: 360kb)
- Download Adult Volunteer Application (Word: 112kb)
* To view and print Adobe Acrobat .PDF documents, please download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Completed forms can be mailed, emailed or faxed to:
Turtle Bay Exploration Park
1335 Arboretum Drive, Suite A
Redding, CA 96003
Fax: (530) 243-8898
If you have difficulty downloading this form, you may phone the Volunteer Manager to request a hard copy, at (530) 242-3152. Upon receiving and reviewing your application, you will be contacted with information regarding the next training session.