at Turtle Bay Exploration Park
Volunteers are the superheroes of Turtle Bay! Our 500+ Volunteers on average serve a combined yearly total of 23,000 hours. We are grateful for these dedicated Volunteers who help us provide many of the programs we offer to the community.
Volunteering at Turtle Bay is a great way to give back to our community by supporting a growing education-based cultural institution. Do you love learning new things about the natural and cultural world in our region and beyond? Active community members serve in a variety of positions, depending on personal interest and the needs of Turtle Bay. We have a wide variety of exciting volunteer opportunities including indoor and outdoor positions, with the public and behind-the-scenes and we offer time commitments that are flexible to meet your needs; for instance weekly in the Museum or Botanical Gardens or occasionally for special events, or both!
Completed forms can be mailed, emailed or faxed to:
Turtle Bay Exploration Park: Volunteer Program
1335 Arboretum Drive, Suite A
Redding, CA 96003
Fax: (530) 243-8898
* To view and print Adobe Acrobat .PDF documents, please download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
* $25 Materials Fee requested for all new Volunteers
If you have difficulty downloading this form, you may phone our Volunteer Program to request a hard copy, at (530) 242-3130 or email@example.com. Upon receiving and reviewing your application, you will be contacted with information regarding the next training session.
- Animal Care
- Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
- Collections & Exhibits
- Education & Programming
- Special Events
Volunteer Benefits and Perks
- Free trainings, low-to-no-cost field trips, and lifelong learning and professional development opportunities
- Annual Volunteer appreciation event and holiday party
- Family Membership benefits for those who volunteer an average of 8 hours per month on a regular basis or 100 hours during the calendar year
- Welcoming community of friendly volunteers and supportive staff with the opportunity to meet new friends and gain new skills while enjoying our beautiful campus
- Discounts in the Museum Store, Coffee Bar, and Nursery at Turtle Bay and at the Sheraton Redding Hotel (must present Volunteer badge)
- Be in a learning environment that promotes respect for nature and culture as a major cultural institution in the North state with great exposure to intellectual and cultural activities
- Volunteer Workshops & Trainings
Volunteer Opportunties Workshops
Volunteer Opportunities Workshops offer exclusive time to meet staff, hear about Volunteer opportunities and complete our Volunteer application packet. Those interested in learning more about volunteering are encouraged to attend this free informal workshop to get firsthand information on what being a Turtle Bay Volunteer is all about!
- Volunteer Opportunities Workshop - Held twice annually, in early Spring and early Fall. Please call 242-3130 for dates, more information and to RSVP!
- Team Turtle University - Volunteer online orientation course and supplemental FUN trainings and field trips throughout the year